11/05/2010

Dana E. Glauberman talking about "Up in the air" [Interview]

ENTREVISTA HACIENDO CLICK AQUÍ (Dejo el link porque la autoreproducción del embed os aseguro que raya):

Picando aqui podemos ver un poco el montaje de "Up in the air" . Me molan los cortes del principio. No se si me leerá Alex, pero recuerdo que me habló bien de él ;)

Créditos iniciales
que me encantan con una música bastante guapa!

El trailer de "Up in the air":


Decir que no he visto la película porque, personalmente, "Juno" me dejó apestado... No se si el director habrá vuelto a hacer otra de las suyas o será cuestión de gustos...


"What were some of the challenges in editing Up in the Air?
DG: One of the biggest challenges was our schedule. We started production toward the end of February and had a 50-day shoot, which had us wrapping principal photography on May 14. We knew we had an unusually tight schedule for our desired premiere date of September 12 at the Toronto International Film Festival––which then got shortened when we decided to do a sneak screening at the Telluride festival a week earlier. We shot entirely on location in five cities around the country, so Jason flew home to Los Angeles almost every weekend to catch up on working with me because our schedule was so short. We actually had a similar schedule on Juno, although that was shot in 30 days, which ultimately gave us an additional month of post-production. I was fortunate enough to have an incredible crew on this film: assistant editors Maria Gonzales and Omar Hassan-Reep, and production assistant Michael Underdown––all of whom I appreciate a great deal, as they went way above and beyond the call of duty."

"You put in years as an assistant editor before running your own show. What kind of advice would you pass along to anyone just starting out editing?
I think if you’re really drawn to something like this, just follow your dream and really pursue it. Keep in touch with all of your contacts. That was one of the things that I did. I started out as a production assistant; I put 18,000 miles on my car in eight months. Got burned out driving around the city. Volunteered my time to learn how things go in the cutting room and really worked my way up the ladder. So I think that if someone really wants to follow their dream of becoming an editor, the best thing to do is learn and donate time if you can. Hang out in the cutting room and learn as much as you can. Try to keep in touch with the people you come in contact with. A lot of it is not necessarily what you know, but who you know. But that on-the-job training — learning in the cutting room — is some of the most important stuff that you end up using."

More info here

No comments: